As a nurse I always felt nutrition was the missing piece of the therapeutic puzzle. Once I discovered the power of a wholefood plant-based diet I couldn’t un-see the profound health benefits that were possible.
Welcome to my collection of easy plant-based recipes. As a family we have a lot of these on rotation!
I’m Kate Broughton, nurse + plant-based foodie.
Good food. Daily habits. And high quality products are a powerful combination for healthy aging. Unfortunately it’s common to see aging as something that’s fraught with discomfort and illness.
It doesn’t need to be that way. And the solutions are simple.
If we look at populations who age well and in good health – they seem to do things differently.
These long-living populations tend to:
- eat mostly plants, their diets are high in fibre & antioxidants
- eat fewer calories overall and less ’empty’ calories
- eat up to ten serves of vegetables per day
- move their bodies daily
- enjoy social connection
- have a form of prayer or spiritual practice
- maintain connection to local herbal folklore
Your DNA is not your destiny. You can stack the odds in your favour through your choices.
And the good news is, we’re closer to health & happiness than we think!
A bit more about me
- A wild-colonial-girl-type upbringing on a New Zealand sheep farm
- 20 years nursing taught me about humility + suffering + hope + miracles
- Motherhood at age 40 topped all previous life experiences
- Eating only plants was an experiment we started in 2004
… today we call it our lifestyle + love it
- I have a Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from Cornell University & T Colin Campbell Centre for Nutrition Studies
- Vegan chef Mark Reinfeld made me a better cook
- Life Coaching Certification ironed out my wrinkles (not all of them!).
- Partnering with LifeVantage and building an online business has been one of my best decisions ever!